Hit the road and help reduce the stigma around mental health!
Ride Don’t Hide on June 25, 2017—check back soon for event details!
Start location at the Mohawk Inn & Conference Centre
June 25, 2017 – 9:00 am Virtual Rider
June 25, 2017 – 9:30 am: 75km Enthusiast Ride
June 25, 2017 – 10:00 am 45km Challenge Ride
June 25, 2017 – 10:30 am Family Ride
The Canadian Mental Health Association is a nation-wide, non-profit organization founded in 1918 that promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness.
At the CMHA Halton Region Branch, we promote mental health for all through support services for people living with mental health and/or addiction concerns and health and wellness promotion. Our services include:
- Specialized support for individuals who have mental health and/or addiction concerns, including assessment, case management, justice services, and dual diagnosis and concurrent disorders services, to help them improve their health, well-being, and quality of life
- 24-7 phone and mobile crisis intervention through our Crisis Outreach and Support Team (COAST) and safe place crisis housing to support safety and connections to additional resources
- Free walk-in counselling to help people improve their wellness, cope better, and create positive solutions to life’s challenges
- Anger management and wellness groups to help participants learn about and develop positive coping strategies
- Educational presentations and training on a variety of mental health topics, including Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), safeTALK, Living Life to the Full, and Mental Health First Aid workshops to help participants learn about caring for their own health and wellness and effectively supporting others
- Displays to promote mental health awareness at wellness fairs and other events
- Mental health information and referral to community services to provide people with current and comprehensive information and connections to the help and resources they need to improve their wellness